Sustainability in Brugg Group
BRUGG environment covers the ecological dimension. We measure our corporate carbon footprint, set ambitious targets, and plan to gradually reduce CO2 emissions. From 2025, BRUGG aims to be climate neutral in terms of directly controlled emissions and those from purchased energy (Scope 1 and 2). However, BRUGG considers all emission categories in the long term and aims for net-zero by 2050 (scopes 1, 2 and 3).
In the environment area, we focus on the following topics:
- Group-wide climate accounting and CO2 targets: As part of its first sustainability reporting, BRUGG is conducting a comprehensive, Group-wide climate accounting (corporate carbon footprint) based on the globally recognized GHG Protocol standard. This balance sheet will serve as the basis for decisions on the definition of ambitious climate targets.
- CO2 reduction measures: In addition to standard reduction measures in operations, BRUGG also focuses on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through product innovations.
- CO2 compensation: To compensate for (as yet) unavoidable, self-generated emissions (Scope 1 and 2), we will support internationally certified and verified carbon removal projects in cooperation with external partners.
- With our products such as district heating pipes or cable systems for e-mobility, we make a significant contribution to more sustainable infrastructure solutions and services. Find out more at: The contribution of our products and infrastructure solutions to a more sustainable society.
BRUGG balance embraces the social dimension of sustainability. We attach great importance to the occupational safety, health and well-being of our employees. Diversity and support for training and development are equally high priorities.
In the area of balance, we focus on the following topics:
Occupational safety and health
- Safety and health: BRUGG relies on safe production facilities to prevent accidents. For physical health, we offer voluntary, free preventive measures and examinations. The mental health of our employees is also close to our hearts. To this end, we promote well-being in the workplace through appropriate measures and monitor this by means of a team barometer.
- Working conditions: We support flexible working hours, part-time stints and home office if necessary and possible.
High-quality training and development
- Apprenticeship: The future generation is important to us, which is why we offer apprenticeships for various professions as well as internships.
- Continuing education: We offer our employees individual training opportunities according to need and interest. Likewise, we promote further education with free access to LinkedIn Learning.
Fair working conditions and opportunities for all
- Equal opportunities: BRUGG is committed to fair employment practices and supports career development based on objective criteria. We treat people equally regardless of their gender, age, nationalities or cultural backgrounds.
- And even more balance: we strive for a balance between older and younger employees and between people of each gender. If interested, we support our employees in the arch career.
BRUGG governance includes responsibility along the value chain, principles and measures for decent work, and compliance with laws and rules of the countries in which we operate. We insist on legal compliance, honesty and fairness in business. Compliance guidelines, data protection and information security complete the program.
In the area of governance, we focus on the following topics:
Responsible supply chains and local economic growth
- Human rights, child labor and forced labor:BRUGG is committed to respecting human rights and does not tolerate child or forced labor. In this regard, we rely on gripping internal instructions and close cooperation with our suppliers.
- Local production: We build local production sites and thus create local jobs. Hereby we promote the local economy.
- "At arm's length" principle: Deliveries of services and goods between Group companies are made at arm's length.
Integre business activity and compliance
- Conflicts of Interest: We avoid conflicts of interest and, in the event that we do, disclosure and objective review are conducted.
- Antitrust: We are committed to fair, open competition in our markets and distance ourselves from anti-competitive practices.
- Bribery and Corruption: Bribery and corruption is illegal and the opposite of everything we stand for. BRUGG does not tolerate corruption and bribery of any kind.
- Data protection and information security: We stand for protection against improper processing of personal data and the right to informational self-determination. Information security is an important success factor at BRUGG. We maintain a security-conscious approach to information and take measures against cyberattacks.